Transit – Translation and Localization
Create new content based on established material
It is appropriate to establish translation memory systems for professional translations: The basic concept is to conduct both new and follow-up translations based on previous translations that have been evaluated and validated. Thus, the translator can truly focus on new content, while the computer takes responsibility for the rest of the work. On the one hand, this reduces the time and costs involved. On the other hand, this increases the quality and consistency of the target-language text.
The translation memory system Transit has been on the market for over 25 years and is constantly being refined in order to stay a step ahead of the current trends in the translation industry. We maintain our focus on user experience through dialog with our user groups, industry clients, and even freelancers. STAR Group extensively uses Transit in-house before market releases, ensuring that our innovations are practical and productive.
Comprehensive context for goal-oriented translations
Transit preserves the document's characteristics and the overall structure of the source document in the translation memory. This is a considerable advantage in comparison to other systems, which manage their texts according to phrases and segments and thus lose their context.
Transit takes structural and textual context into account. You can display and check the original context of a reference segment at any time. In doing so, you ensure an easy-to-understand translation that is suitable for its purpose. This also avoids a collection of context-free text segments.
Get started quickly, switch over easily
A new translation-memory user is unlikely to begin with a greenfield project: New users have already made considerable investments in the translation of their documents. Users switching over to Transit already have a comprehensive translation memory in their current system, and they would like to keep using that translation memory without restrictions.
Transit supports numerous formats so you can transfer or exchange projects and data from other systems―fully leverage all of your resources right from the start. More »
A single tool for all formats
Transit processes texts in many file types, from diverse sources, and in numerous formats. With our multi-format editor, you can use a single work environment for all formats. Thanks to Transit's format-independent translation memory, you can benefit from previous translations even when different file formats are used. More »
A single tool for all languages
Transit supports over 200 working languages—and the number of supported languages is constantly increasing.
Therefore, you are prepared for every important market and can expand your future communication to languages and markets that have yet to become relevant to you. More »
A single tool for all tasks
With Transit, you have a single tool for all translation- and localization-related tasks as well as a flexible work environment for project managers, translators, terminologists, reviewers, software and multimedia localizers, and the list goes on.
They can completely focus on their goal by tailoring Transit's user interface according to their respective tasks, working methods, and personal preferences.
A single tool in all sizes
Transit is offered in many product variants and license versions. It is scalable from a temporary single-user version for freelancers all the way to a terminal server installation with floating licenses for company-wide implementation.
This way, you can find an appropriate and economic solution for every application.
Your benefits as a company
- Lower cost and time expenditures for translation and localization
- Rapid return on investment thanks to optimized use of existing translations and translation memories
- Flexible working platform for all translation- and localization-related tasks
- Access to new project types and task types with no training costs
- Clear divisions of responsibility
Your benefits as a project manager
- Standardized processes for all projects, formats, and languages
- Flexible translation memory (multi-format, multilingual, multi-directional) that is always up-to-date with no time spent on maintenance
- Terminology and translation in a single project
- Detailed check options, extensive quality reports, and segment-specific revision tracking
- Efficiency through project templates, multi-level pretranslation, and individually configurable MT interfaces
Your benefits as a translator
- A single translation environment for all translation jobs
- High quality thanks to constantly available context
- Fully integrated morphological terminology support
- Intuitive tag handling thanks to intelligent markup methods
- Dual concordance search in both source and target languages
- Dynamic linking for dynamically generated usage examples for dictionary entries
- Synchronized layout previews for all project types
Your benefits as a reviewer
- Efficient quality assurance thanks to specific check modes with extensive check options
- Simple information exchange thanks to segment-specific commenting functions
- Rapid revision thanks to synchronized navigation between error overview and corresponding segments
- Complete segment history including all changes
- Morphological terminology check for over 80 languages and language variants
- Synchronized layout previews for all project types