Fields of translation
A watch is not simply an instrument: it witnesses the passage of time. Since the dawn of time – and even more so with the relentless pace of modern life – our lives have always been punctuated by the passing seconds, minutes and hours which tick by, endlessly, imperturbably, despite events, despite history. Whether it be in the form of hourglasses, sundials, clocks or smart watches, timekeeping instruments have played a part in our lives throughout history.
The world of fine watch lovers is small. It brings together collectors, inventors, developers… and us translators! A passion for mechanics, gear trains, complications, but also the dreamlike world brought to life by Haute Horlogerie: these are the traits that our translators share with watchmakers. Thanks to their many years of experience, our translators communicate your messages in their mother tongue, and adapt it to the specificities and culture of your markets. They know your world, and understand and can translate all your product documentation, from press releases and catalogues to technical procedures.
Machines and machine-tools
The Jura Arc is also the birthplace of micromechanical engineering. Its mountains and valleys are home to the top manufacturers of machines and machining solutions. Proudly bearing the Swiss Made label, these high-tech beasts can machine complex parts designed for the watchmaking, automotive, medical and dental industries. Imagine the level of precision, quality and speed they can offer!
The same is true of our expert translators. Passionate about the operation and development of these machines, our translators keep pace with our customers and are able to provide translations which are as accurate as these machines and as complex as these micro-parts – they are often unseen but nevertheless ever-present and indispensable.
Dental and paramedical
The Swiss dental and paramedical industry is world-renowned. In this highly demanding industry there is no room for error - the mastery of production tools is complete, the products are extremely reliable, quality assurance is of the highest level.
Science and technology has been advancing exponentially and our customers are supplying the entire globe with medical instruments and components, cosmetics and pharmaceutical products to meet the demands of the modern world.
Whether you manufacture prosthetics, implants, or supply tools for endodontics or 3D printing, or produce high-end cosmetics, thanks to our team of translators we can guarantee you professional translations, with a very careful monitoring process. We know very well that nothing must be left to chance!
We are also experienced in translating texts, brochures, documentation and press releases for museums, chocolatiers, consumer goods and other regional specialities!
Do you have an HR document to translate? Don't hesitate to send it to us; we will handle it with discretion and professionalism.
We also regularly work with sworn translators providing legal translations for law firms and notaries offices.
Translation, our core business
What languages can we translate?
The STAR Group has 50 agencies in 30 countries worldwide. So you can trust that it is highly likely that we will be able to meet your needs. Contact us with details of your exact requirements.
What is the translation process for your project?
You email us your file and, a few days later, you will receive the translation. Behind this simple 2-way communication there are many steps of checks and quality controls. For the curious amongst you, here is a brief description:
- Acceptance of the file: emails, telephone calls or meetings with the customer
- Preparation of the file: depending on the format of the file and its construction, some pre-production work might be necessary on our part, such as protecting parts that are not for translation.
- Preparation of the material: we determine which translation memories will we use, find if we have a specific dictionary for your field, look to see what supporting material we can give to the translator to optimise the process…
- Importing your files into Transit. Transit is our translation software, created and developed in-house, and used by all subsidiaries in the Group and by all our freelance translators. We use Transit systematically for all our translation projects: it enables us to calculate a precise line count to draw up quotations, it enables you to benefit from translation memories, helps us perform quality checks, and ensures translations can be followed up…
- Drawing up a quotation: if you are interested in this!
- Translation: the word speaks for itself. But be careful to put aside any misconceptions, as this step is more complicated than it appears! Translation is best left to the experts – leave it to us and you'll receive a translation that meets your expectations.
- Review: all our translations are proofread by a reviewer and this service is included in our price.
- Exporting from Transit: once the translation and review steps are complete, we export your files from Transit. The translations "come out" in the same format and with the same formatting as your source files. Magic, right?
- Formatting: if you want, we can take care of the micro-DTP. This involves expanding text boxes where necessary (e.g. texts in Russian take up a lot of space), checking the spacing, adjusting the line breaks, etc. All the useful cosmetic work to ensure your document is perfect!
- In-market proofreading: before or after the final layout, we can send our translations to your proofreaders to ensure that our work meets their expectations, in terms of the terminology used in-house, etc.
- Storing, sorting, and archiving files
Because our processes enable all the previous translations to be stored in the memory, we can offer you quick and accurate translations at the best price. Ask us for a quotation!
Our other services
Translation is our core business, however, our expertise is not limited to this field. Thanks to our various subsidiaries and our R&D centres, we can offer you services and solutions spanning the entire information life cycle: software for technical writing, interpreting, subtitling and voice-overs, digital printing, 3D views and animations. If you want to manage and centralise your product information (PIM, DAM, BOM) and take a step forward into industry 4.0, we can help you do that!
Prices & contact
Want to find out more about our services? Want to receive a quotation? Want to meet with us over coffee at our delightful headquarters? Contact us now!
Rue de la République 15
CH-2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds
Tel. +41 32 910 53 70
Fax +41 32 910 53 76